Tuesday

quotes and music go a long way. i promise.

"If you want to make a difference in the life of our nation; if you want to make a difference in
the life of a child—become a teacher." 
-obama (state of the union 2011)

after watching/listening and following the state of the union on...twitter (yes, i said twitter)...i felt a shock of inspiration, determination, and motivation go through me...(all the 'tions'...haha) so i wanted to share some suggestions, and a couple of my favorite quotes that always help me feel empowered or inspired when I feel like I have hit a brick wall...

i have to start with this quote....you ALWAYS have to stay true to yourself.

     "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." 

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-Albert Einstein
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."      Albert Einstein


after reading this HOPEFULLY you feel empowered and ready to make a difference... NOW you need to listen to your absolute favorite song with the speakers up loud....and I promise that tomorrow will be the best yet...(if it's not...I don't know how to help...sorry.)



here is a sneak peek to my "i need a pick me up" music playlist...(no judgement, no order)
- for what its worth-buffalo springfield
everybody i love you- csn&y
- the best of what's around- dave matthews band (duh)
- everyday people-sly and the family stone
- higher ground-stevie wonder
- drive my car/theword- the beatles (the beatles love mix version)
- nothing from nothing- billy preston
 that's not my name- the ting tings (just because a girls gotta dance and good memories)
***for those of you wondering, yes i was born in the 80s.... i just have good taste.

my suggestion to you is, always start off your day by music, it just starts your day off up beat and happy, which leads to being inspired and determined, yes?  try this out tomorrow, and let me know how the rest of your day pans out....
A) do you feel happier?
B) do you have more drive?
C)are you more into that lesson, that you thought might be boring?
but most importantly....
D)did you make a difference?

ok now sleep on it, implement tomorrow....and let me know how it goes...did it work?

feeling inspired and now rambling,

1 comment:

  1. Came across your post via Twitter..."Every day I'm hustlin'" has got to be the best quote ever!

    ReplyDelete