Wednesday

meet the teacher.....

Meet the Teacher!!!
ok so....i know this is alot 2 blogs in one day?! crazy!....but i wanted to join in on this 'meet the teacher' blog 'linky' party, that one of my favorite teacher blogs is hosting!! so enjoy some Q&A's of yours truly....

a little bit about myself...i am a twenty something year old in the first year of her 'big girl' teaching job.I graduated from texas tech university, and i loved every second being there...Now I teach 2nd grade....and yes there have been some ups and downs but i wouldn't change ANYTHING about it.....i am teaching in the school district that i grew up in and couldn't be happier about it.
this is me now! 

and this is me the summer
before 2nd grade!!!
Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                              
A:  I would be doing something with fashion....when i was growing up, when i wasn't playing "school teacher" with my best friend adrian...i was drawing and designing purses and shoes. when kate spade became really popular my logo looked just like hers...sophie kranz dallas (instead of new york...you get the picture)...or a couple years ago, i tried to start my own jewelry business on etsy.com 'simply sophie'...
my logo i used...
my cousin ali sent this to me...
so me. rachel zoe and shoes. yes.
Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                     
A:  Ummm....anything 'artsy' if that makes any sense....photography, music, art....now the ever popular blogging....and making fun activities for my students to enjoy...   
one of my fist collages i made...
its on stretched canvas.

music....that is all.
                                                             

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                      
A:  I kind of answered that in the first question....BUT since i was about 8 years old i knew i wanted to be a teacher....you know have 8 year olds are though...i wanted to be a teacher/designer...and i wanted to live in nyc...hahaha oh the life....

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                   
 A: shopping..well spending money really...i have a sickness, i CANNOT say no to shoes. you should see my closet...it is over flowing with shoes!!! Real Housewives of NYC (the others aren't worth the time), gossip girl (its addicting...i love chuck bass)...vampire diaries (at least i don't read/watch twilight, right?)...coke zero (my students know i'm addicted)...
that is only the top of my closet....
Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                        
 A: hmmmmmm.....this would have to be failing. i cannot fail at anything. worst fear of all time. yup. it gives me chills.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                    
 A: this is hard....but first and foremost the beach....not just any beach...the laid back funky beaches of seagrove, florida (right outside destin)....it is like our own PRIVATE beach. we have been going every summer since i was in 3rd grade?? and my second vacation would be to new york city. i just love it there. and am jealous of anyone who gets the chance to live there in their life.
seagrove i miss you.                                                
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  i have received a lot of smart advice through the years from my mom, dad, sister, grandmother, friends, teachers, etc... too many to list so i'll leave with you with picture....

i couldn't think of anything better to live by than this....


Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                    
A:  ummmm kindness, honesty, and a sense of humor?? yes? no? well it is true.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                         
A: ummmm....hmmmm....let's see....probably my honesty...i couldn't lie for the life of me, i'm the person that looks everywhere but at the person i'm trying to lie to, or the student in class that had a stamp on her forehead that said 'HEY LOOK AT ME I'M TRYING TO CHEAT ON THIS TEST!!!'....i could never do it. and also my sense of humor...i get it from my dad, or rather the 'Kranz' side...we are all pretty funny people. (at least i think so)

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                                
A:  my grandparents....well 'meme' becuase i miss her so much. and then my other 3 grandparents because i 'born too late' to meet them... haha :) and of course...the beatles...DUH. i would be in heaven.
meme.
Now tell me something random about yourself:
ok so this is kind of embarrassing but so what...so who cares?!?! it's a funny story, or at least i think so. Ok, so here it goes. In elementary school for whatever reason, learning how to ride a bike (without training wheels) just didn't interest me...my american girl dolls were simply more important, and my 2 best friends lived within walking distance...so who needed a bike??? not me!!...well as the years went by, my friends became more interested in going to ride bikes around the neighborhood....one day while hanging out with my 2 best friends....some boys rode their bikes over and wanted us to come...i had to think fast, and was freaking out...these boys could NOT find out my dirty little secret that I was in 5th grade and didn't know how to ride a BIKE?!?!?!!!!....so i blurted out..."sorry guys, i'm just all biked out from summer"....HAHAHA WHAT??? well it worked...they just said ok? all confused.... well that excuse worked for about a year...and then i finally learned how to ride a bike in 6th grade with the help of my dad, and 2 best friends....haha. so there is my random 'sophie' fact....

2 blogs in one day??? well, happy snow day...



2 comments:

  1. i feel so much closer to you now. i didn't know any of this before. what friends of yours give you the best advice? i hear curly haired girls who look latin usually have great things to say.

    BLOG PLUG: WWW.EMMASTHING.COM

    hahaha. no. but really. great job answering questions. you're a good answerer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the link party!

    I'm totally jealous of all of your shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete