|(the letters are glittered along with some of my favorite books!! :)|
today was my first day back in my classroom...i could hardly sleep last night....NERD ALERT!!!!!!! i am going to post more pictures of my "new" classroom, but i wanted to share a little something with you...this is a bulletin board i made for the hallway outside my door...i'm super excited about it!! :)
at 8:56 PM
ok so who here is loving target's back to school commercials??? well i wanted to show you this particular one...because i'm glittering everything in sight these days....i have a serious glitter problem....( just for classroom things, i haven't gone off the deep end yet...i promise).
so enjoy!!! and it is titled 2nd grade teacher....EVEN more perfect!!
i have been one busy girl this week...here are some MORE projects i have been working on...
|glitter, glitter, glitter....making my own 'die cuts',|
magnets, clothes pins....what else can i glitter???
|my clothes pins to use to label my tall pink|
metal 'mail box'...i'm going to tie on labels with
the kiddos names!
|this is how i glittered the small magnets,|
you just brush some modge podge on the top
of a magnet...then dunk it in the cupcake holders
full of glitter! (you can kind of see them in the
|then i polka dotted them...just like the letters on my wreath!!|
p.s. - i opened a TPT store!!! i still have some kinks to work out...but i uploaded my first 3 documents!! i am so excited to start this new little store... :)
check it out.... my store!!!
just some sunday afternoon inspiration from me to you....how cool is this????
the beatles are hands done my absolute favorite band, music, just everything. so i thought it would be interesting to find out how many beatles fans i have following my blog...comment back with your favorite beatles song!!
can't wait to hear,
at 3:58 PM
day 33 of 100 degree or over weather...doesn't stand a chance against my breaking news tonight!!! haha ;) well probably not...but we'll pretend (right?) anyways, i am proud to present my very FIRST google doc to share with all my bloggy teacher friends!!! i mean, in my opinion this is long over due...i am so thankful for all the inspiring ideas/documents you all so graciously share on your blogs ....i wanted to give back and do the same!!
- 10 minutes of physical activities- i deleted this level...i'm not running a boot camp here!
so here's the deal....i wanted to share my new behavior clip chart i created back in june!! I did a color pocket chart last year, and for 'lack of better words'....it
sucked!!! colors just didn't do 'the job' for room A112....
when you open the pdf in google docs....you'll see there are 8 slides....i only used 7 of them (i couldn't delete without losing the whole document...technical difficulties..) and slide 9 & 10 are flipped...cool down room comes before phone call home.
here is a low down on how it works and the order to put it together in:
- Good Day- this is the level you can move up to for outstanding behavior!!
- Falcon Pride- this is the level that everyone starts their day on (falcon=our mascot)
- Reminder- this is the 'warning' level...i just like the way reminder sounds better than warning...
-5 minutes of physical activities- this sounds harsh, but it really isn't....instead of sitting out 5 minutes of recess...they will walk 'laps' or do a few jumping jacks during their 5 minutes. i think it is much more proactive to have the kiddos moving A) to release energy B) for their mental and physical health.
- Sit alone at lunch- i have the kiddos sit at the middle table during lunch time if they make it to this level...harsh i know, BUT if my kids made it to this level... they rarely did again! some times all they need is some 'me' time!
- Cool down room- i loveeeee this level!!! why, you ask?? I'll tell you...
- you 'partner' up with another teacher on your hall, BUT in another grade level. you set a designated area in the other room for the student to go when they need the 'cool off' room. the first week you will take your class to the classroom to show where the cool off area is (when your 'partner' is at specials, lunch, etc.) what to do when you come in...this helps make them more comfortable, and avoids 'that' BIG scene for you and your kiddos...This is what you need to have in that area...a desk with a couple things inside... a timer (for how long they need to stay), 'stop & think' worksheet (it is a document i created that gives the student the chance to write down what happened and how they feel....i will dig this out of my files ASAP), and grade level appropriate work. then when the time allotted is up, they come back to the room! this is great because if the particular student is having a hard day and makes it to this level, then they obviously want some time alone to cool off....and it gives the teacher time to cool off before you reach your 'level'. I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction...promise!
- Phone call home- i think this level speaks for itself!
after all this rambling, do you even want to see it??? yes?? i knew it!!
all you need to do it click the picture below!! enjoy.
i will post a picture of the finished clip chart next week, but i wanted jazz it up a bit (obviously)...so i glued the print outs on different colored scrapbook paper, then taped it together in order vertically, and finally laminated for durability!!
if you have a question, concern, or want me to customize something on the chart for you... don't hesitate to ask! just comment below or email me!!!
i would love to know...was this at all helpful???
i hope my breaking news was all that you hoped it would be! ;)
at 11:07 PM
here is a glimpse into my suffering... 32 days of this?? REALLY? no. it is awful. swimming isn't even enjoyable anymore...you might as well go take a hot bath. anyways enough of my complaining...one good thing about the unbearable heat is...i am forced to stay cool inside, which means i am doing craft after craft.
the craft i am going to share with you today is...my new wreath for a new school year! it is VERY easy to make and all you need to do is make a trip to your nearest hobby lobby...ok? go now. no really...(it is now my home away from home, i think they are starting to know my name...maybe i should slow down???)
- here is what you need....
|a plain wreath|
|wooden letters to spell out your name|
|this is what i used to make the|
polka dots...i recommend using thick
|any color paints you want...i recommend the|
folk art brand...
|clear high gloss spray|
so now, use the paints you chose and put them in a pattern you like so you know what color you want each letter. i would paint the letters with 2 coats each, and then let dry. next you use the flat circle foam stamp to stamp out your polka dots....let the polka dots dry...then use your high gloss spray and spray all your letters, until they are super glossy!
now plug in your hot glue gun and glue your painted letters onto the wreath how you want them...and you've got yourself a SUPER cute new wreath for your new school year! :)
|my finished project! :)|
stay cool in this heatwave!
at 11:14 AM